#1 BethQuiroz

BethQuiroz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:06 PM

My brother passed away in his sleep Friday morning. He was only 40. 

I am completely and totally paralyzed.  I don't know what to do with myself. I feel as if I'm walking through a huge daze. Sometimes I cry. Other times I'm able to laugh. But the zombie feeling has stayed with me since Friday.

Its times like these that the importance of documenting our lives becomes more insistent. Who else can tell our stories but us? I am trying how to figure out how to document this painful time in my life without totally losing it. 

Grief is the worst pain I have ever felt!

My blog: bethsblatherings.blogspot.com

Instagram:  http://instagram.com/divinemsq

Guest on PRT Episode #205: Cheesy At Heart

VENI VIDI VELCRO - I came, I saw, I stuck around

#2 needtime2scrap

needtime2scrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNorthern Alberta

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:43 PM

Oh I'm so sorry Beth! I totally get the importance of photos and documentation. When my Grandma passed away last year I was so thankful that we had so many pictures to choose from. She never shied away from the camera. Where as my in-laws are awful picture takers, don't tell stories about the past and grumble when a camera comes out. It makes me sad. Big cyber hugs!
  • BethQuiroz and janygb143 like this

#3 Maplestock

Maplestock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, CANADA

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:47 PM

My deepest sympathy Beth. I lost a sister a while ago very suddenly and so I think I know a bit how you feel. Give yourself time to process it and you'll know how and when to document it. It's one thing to lose your parents as they are aged but to lose a sibling is like getting the wind knocked out of you.
You'll be on an emotional roller coaster for a while I'm sure but you are not alone. Reach out whenever you feel the need.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you.
  • BethQuiroz and janygb143 like this

#4 Izzy

Izzy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 418 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:48 PM

So sorry for your loss. :(

• BethQuiroz likes this

Do you have a suggestion or feedback about the Paperclipping Forums? Please let me know!

Instagram | User Guidelines

#5 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:40 PM

Very sorry for your loss, Beth. Hugs.
  • BethQuiroz likes this

#6 StampingRooster

StampingRooster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:33 AM

My deepest sympathy, Beth.

• BethQuiroz likes this

Gretchen

Now blogging and posting process videos

#7 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:19 AM

Beth, I am so, so sorry. What a heart-breaking shock. Izzy and I are thinking about you.

• BethQuiroz likes this

#8 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:24 AM

Beth, my heart goes out to you. At times like these, there really are no words to provide true comfort, but I know from my own losses, it won't always feel like it does now. You are strong, and you will get through this.

• BethQuiroz likes this

#9 Inkfanatic

Inkfanatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:14 AM

Beth, I am so very sorry for your loss! Know that you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. 

I know you are an Ali fan, so you probably already know this, but you could always write your thoughts and feelings down, even if you just use smaller cards to journal a few words/thoughts when you have a moment. I think it will help you process some of the grief and loss you are experiencing right now, but it will also be something you can come back to when you are ready to document this challenging time. 

{{{hugs}}}

• BethQuiroz, janygb143 and needtime2scrap like this

Robin

#10 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:59 PM

Aw Beth, so, so sorry for your loss! Thinking of you and your family.

The first week after we suddenly lost my dad was the worst- the emotions were all over the place. But, of course, the thing that helped me through the fog was scrapbooking, going through pictures and scribbling down any tiny little thing that I could remember about him or his story. I was taking Cathy Zielske's Design Your Life at the time, so I used her templates to get down all the fresh, emotional thoughts about him as I came across pictures I loved. The next year, I took Ali's Yesterday and Today class and that helped me compile all the random memories into a few meaningful layouts about his life. Just write it all down and when the time is right, you can put it all together if you decide. Wishing you and your family peace in the coming months!
  • mshanhun and anandi like this

#11 mshanhun

mshanhun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:26 AM

:( Oh my. Much love to you and your family.

:) Melissa
http://DigitalScrapbookingHQ.com

Guest on PRT224  New and Shiny - about novel uses for Project Life

Guest PRT238 - Yellow School Bus - about scrapbooking your homeschooling journey

#12 Krystal K

Krystal K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationAnchorage AK

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:50 AM

So sorry. Make sure you take care of yourself during the grieving process.

#13 scrappinpage

scrappinpage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationNorthern Wisconsin (BRRR...)

Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:55 PM

So sorry, Beth!!
Wendy aka: scrappinpage

#14 anandi

anandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Locationjust outside Seattle, WA

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:00 PM

So sorry for your loss, Beth.  Hugs and good thoughts to you all.

#15 Gina

Gina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:04 PM

Beth, My heart goes out to you.  I am so sorry for your loss.  My sister died at 25 about 11 years ago.  I read somewhere that losing a sibling is like losing part of your past and your future and I agree with that.   You miss the reminiscing and having a common bond, sharing growing up and also the growing old together and taking care of your parents.  Take it easy and be kind to yourself.  It takes a long time before you get used to the new normal, a long time before you feel like answering people when they say "how are you" as a standard greeting because what you really want to say is "horrible" and answering that to a clerk in a grocery store isn't really the standard answer.  

• janygb143 likes this

#16 janannemd

janannemd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationFort Worth Texas

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:28 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.  I wish we all could do something to ease your pain, but I'm hoping that just having your friends here and knowing you have us all around you for support will at least give you a place to come to and talk, cry or vent.  Whatever you need.  Prayers and hugs being sent to you and your family. 

#17 gabmc

gabmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:43 AM

Oh Beth I am so sorry. I haven't been to the forums for a few months. How are you doing now?

• Melissa likes this

Gab

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users