#1 littletoki

littletoki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:29 AM

My husband and I are leaving our home of 10 years and are moving across the country! We're struggling to find a moving service that we feel good about and have considered a million different options. I would really appreciate any recommendations or tips from people who have done big moves recently. Thanks!

Also, are there any scrapbookers from Santa Barbara in here?  :lol:

• janygb143 likes this

#2 wendyzine

wendyzine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:33 AM

I have only moved locally, so I am of no help, but best wishes with your cross-country move!

Wendyzine Scraps

Studio Wendy @ Scrapbookgraphics  •  Photoshop & Elements Instructor

My Gallery

Guest on The Paperclipping Digi Show (ep 37), Digi Show (ep 27, 65, 91) The Daily Digi Digest (ep 48, 61, 77)

#3 Inkfanatic

Inkfanatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:58 AM

oh, how I wish I knew who you could trust! We have the same big move on our plate (soon!), and might need the same resource. 

Also, I am personally not looking forward to a (roughly) 5 day east to west, coast to coast drive with 200# worth of rambunctious dogs (3) in the backseat.

someonejustshootmenow, lol. 

• janygb143 likes this

Robin

#4 bestcee

bestcee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:21 PM

oh, how I wish I knew who you could trust! We have the same big move on our plate (soon!), and might need the same resource. 

Also, I am personally not looking forward to a (roughly) 5 day east to west, coast to coast drive with 200# worth of rambunctious dogs (3) in the backseat.

someonejustshootmenow, lol. 

Depending on your drive, I found I-70 has a lot of nice rest areas with dog friendly spots. I-80 has some, but I-70 had more.

We've always moved ourselves, except once, so I can't help with the truck really. The one time someone else did it was ABF. But all our stuff was in a storage unit, so they just loaded boxes into a truck and drove it. There were no problems with them. I'm just a control freak who wants her stuff when she gets there, not when a truck can schedule it.

• Inkfanatic, janygb143 and mshanhun like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: moving

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users