#1 Robin Sparkles

Robin Sparkles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationManito, IL

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:04 PM

Do you put a sealer on all of your art journal pages? I recently had 2 pages stick together and kinda tore some of the page up. I had some matte acrylic sealer that I sprayed on it. It got me thinking...do you normally seal all of your pages, regardless it they will stick or not? I used some heidi swapp color shine on my page and even after a few weeks it's still tacky. Some pages I have acrylic paint so that isn't a problem. I think I'm just going to give all of the pages a quick spray. 

• mshanhun likes this

#2 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:39 AM

No I don't but I know what you mean. I have felt that tackiness when turning pages and the odd time there has been a wee bit of "tearing" on bits of the pages. Usually an edge. I found one time when I used beeswax that the page required a long time to cure....maybe up to four months. Maybe try putting wax paper between the pages and leaving them there for quite some time to see if the pages just need more time to cure. I'm not a big art journaler tho. Maybe a sealer is the thing to do.

#3 Scrapgurl

Scrapgurl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNorthern British Columbia, Canada

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:43 PM

I use a little bit of baby powder to keep the pages from sticking together. Not too much, and it smells great

#4 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:39 AM

I use a little bit of baby powder to keep the pages from sticking together. Not too much, and it smells great

That would work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users