#21 mshanhun

mshanhun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:39 PM

Also Christy Strickler is moving to the UAE from the Bahamas so perhaps she'd be a good guest :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • bestcee likes this

:) Melissa
http://DigitalScrapbookingHQ.com

Guest on PRT224  New and Shiny - about novel uses for Project Life

Guest PRT238 - Yellow School Bus - about scrapbooking your homeschooling journey

#22 bestcee

bestcee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:23 AM

Also Christy Strickler is moving to the UAE from the Bahamas so perhaps she'd be a good guest :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't she move from the US to the UAE as well? I know she's shared quite a few fun layouts, and moments of difference in the Bahamas vs. US. One that comes to mind from recently is water. She shared a photo of all the water they buy at the grocery store, and why. And I know she's shared about the difference is grocery shopping and how often she finds empty shelves and how that's common to the Bahamas. Plus, since she does the DIgi Geek Show, she should have a headset that works for you!

• janygb143 likes this

#23 mpcapistran

mpcapistran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:35 AM

I think there have been a few episodes about Places we live, so you might want to check there, too! I know that Elizabeth Dillow/Stephanie Howell touched on it in an episode about the military, and Marie-Pierre Capistran/Tiffany W were on another about moving around a lot. There's a thread in the General Scrapbooking section that lists each guest, or you could probably search the Paperclipping blog. Might be a good place to start :) would love to hear from other guests, though! Especially with the KonMari craze that PRT just started in the papercrafting community....!

Ha ha!! I was just about to say that I was the guest on an episode just like this!! :D Episode 177 called Rootless :)

#24 mpcapistran

mpcapistran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:44 AM

[quote name="Noell" post="18086" timestamp="1439521418"]I actually mean we need someone new to the topic, but not new to the show. We're actually avoiding having brand new guests right now because we don't have a sponsor to help pay for the costs of new guests.
We did have Marie Capistran on the show and we talked a lot about her moves. Can't remember if we talked specifically about scrapbooking a place before leaving it, though. Anyone know?

PRT 177 Rootless - I haven't re-listened in recent times. I can't remember if she specifically spoke about actually scrapbooking about the moves.

I wrote a blogpost after I was on the show with lots of ideas about what to document when living abroad (the same ideas could be used when we are not living abroad, to document where we live) and also a couple of pages right before moving: the thoughts and feelings related to the move and also documenting that place where we spent time with a perspective of leaving that place...  

it's here if anyone is interested: 

http://mpcapistran.b...roundtable.html

• janygb143 and anandi like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users