• janygb143, Melissa, mpcapistran and 5 others like this

#2 jschow

jschow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:41 PM

I think this would be fun too! I think for sure Shimelle, Wilna, Ali, people like that.

• Melissa, Teri H., ConnieHanks and 2 others like this

#3 SuseFish

SuseFish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:02 AM

I guess the only tricky bit would be if the downsides of scrappy fame related to us, their adoring public! ;)

• Noell, janygb143, mshanhun and 2 others like this

#4 Alissa@lifeonlakeland

Alissa@lifeonlakeland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:32 AM

I'm curious how often people like Ali and Stacy get recognized? And I would like to know if there has been a downside to their "fame"? Great topic idea.

• kraftkris and Julie Paradise like this

#5 toribissell

toribissell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:34 AM

I seem to remember someone (maybe shimelle) talking about someone showing up at her house. 

It would be interesting to hear: 

- How they handle the pressure?

- What they do to overcome that pressure or a rut if they have to scrap

- How often they get recognized?

- What are the perks? What are the downfalls?

• Melissa and mshanhun like this

#6 ConnieHanks

ConnieHanks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:49 PM

You know how sometimes you can feel punch drunk from an adrenaline rush? Giddy, excited, less inhibited, invincible, all that good stuff?! That's totally how I felt my first year walking into CHA and seeing all the scrappy-celebs. I think I freaked out a few - particularly Shimelle and Heidi (and maybe Noell and Izzy?)! I sometimes wonder if I'll hear them saying anything about the over-zealous cuckoo-cachou at CHA 2014! Yup, adoring-public-freakazoid-fan right here :D 

• Noell, janygb143, mshanhun and 2 others like this

Connie Hanks

Mommy, Wife, Photographer, Scrapbooker, Crafter and Volunteer-Extraordinaire who never outgrew seeing the world as colorful as a Crayola box!
Clicky Chick Creates  |  YouTube  |  Instagram 

cc2015-blog-hop-banner-copy1.jpg

#7 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:14 PM

Haha you should totally have @ConnieHanks on to give her perspective on what it's like to be in the presence of all that awesomeness!!
  • mshanhun likes this

#8 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:09 PM

Ha ha, I remember meeting you, Connie! I didn't think you were over-zealous. :lol:

#9 mpcapistran

mpcapistran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:32 AM

You know how sometimes you can feel punch drunk from an adrenaline rush? Giddy, excited, less inhibited, invincible, all that good stuff?! That's totally how I felt my first year walking into CHA and seeing all the scrappy-celebs. I think I freaked out a few - particularly Shimelle and Heidi (and maybe Noell and Izzy?)! I sometimes wonder if I'll hear them saying anything about the over-zealous cuckoo-cachou at CHA 2014! Yup, adoring-public-freakazoid-fan right here :D

Oh my gosh!! When walking on the CHA floor for the first time, I felt like I was walking into a movie set. LOL The doorman had to accompany me to the booth I was working for because they hadn't left my badge at the door, so I walked side by side with this guy and I'm pretty sure I grabbed his arm and said oh my gosh! when I saw Heidi Swapp!! LOL He had question marks in his eyes and I told him: it's like you would have just walked by Brad Pitt. - No reaction on his part. So I said: Angeline Jolie maybe? lol I felt so embarrassed and at the same time to excited that I didn't care. 

As for Ali, she said that once, someone waved to her at the airport and that it was funny. She is pretty down to earth. At the BPC Play event in 2013 I've met Ali, Heidi and Stacy, to name just a few, and they are so nice people. Just like us actually. :) For me it was THE best scrapbook related experience ever! :)

And I met Noell and Izzy too. ;) Cute couple. I was discussing with Noell about what people were telling us when they saw us and only knew us on photos. If I remember correctly, both of us had been told that we had a small head. LOL I should have written that down!! 

Oh, by the way I have made a page about meeting the celebs at CHA.... 

(I just found the link, if you guys are interested in reading the journaling ;) 

http://mpcapistran.b...-about-cha.html

• Noell, janygb143 and Julie Paradise like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users