5 replies to this topic

#1 Ohhh_Snap

Ohhh_Snap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:22 AM

Seriously, some months it's like I can eat ramen every day for the rest of the month (with eggs and veggies and maybe a slice of processed cheese) so I can buy a particular extra stamp set. I have a lot of crafty pots on the stove, sometimes it's easier to say I really don't care for basketweaving as a whole lol, or I'm afraid of what my life would look like if I took up full size quilting. I winnowed out 6 inches of my paper stash, and now I'm working on using the remaining 4.5 feet (stacked). I am a bit obessed with interactive elements.

My favorite thing is rubber stamping. I'll stamp just about anything that stays still lol (jars, the glass in picture frames, spindles for spinning yarn or thread, but not when they are spinning). I also like to carve stamps, but I don't do it as often as I stamp. I also love making embellishments to use on cards, scrapbook pages, etc. So basically papercrafting and all that it implies lol.

I'm also a spinster (some people call themselves spinners, but that invokes images of the 80s and people clad in bright lycra busy on stationery bicycles). I'm a spinster because I spin wool, cotton, flax, alpaca, llama, camel, etc into yarn or thread. Mostly I spin embroidery thread. I'm very happily divorced by the way, and I know a few spinsters who are happily married.

I dabble in beading, weaving, knitting, crocheting, lace making (bobbin, and needlelace especially), sewing and assemblage. 

Outside of crafting I love watching old detective shows (I'm working my way through the Rockford files at the moment which I remember watching as a child, and watching it now, I marvel at all the typewriters and pay phones. I also love Korean entertainment, music (BIGBANG, Epik High, ok almost every one at YGEntertainment (the home of Psy), Korean movies and Korean Dramas (called K-Dramas by fans of the genre). I'm working on a mini book about the k-dramas I've seen so far. I love puns, the really bad ones are the best. I love reading, but my eyesight is not what it used to be so it's a lot slower going or audio books. Right now I'm listening to Marie Kondo's  The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up.

I have a small collection of manual typewriters... I think I'm down to seven or eight, I used to have 17.  And I also have (and play) a tabletop victrola. And speaking of being a Luddite, I also have a land line, and my cell phone is a nine year old flip phone lol. Instragram doesn't allow my sort to participate : D.

I forgot to add: My father's hobby was moving and remodeling and I swear he stayed in the Army after he was drafted because it gave him an excuse to move a lot. I've lived in 31 houses in 8 states and 2 countries (US and Belgium). I worked hard to give my child the home town experience I never had, and found out that can make going to college more difficult lol (but it sure makes it easier to have long term friends).

• mariangeles and MiaScraps like this

#2 Maplestock

Maplestock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, CANADA

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:03 PM

Welcome to the forum. You have no shortage of crafty interests for sure!
I believe the book you are currently listening to was just a discussion on a roundtable episode. I have yet to check it out but I really should (i.e. You should see my craft space!)
  • Ohhh_Snap likes this

#3 Ohhh_Snap

Ohhh_Snap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:51 PM

Thank you for the welcome! So far, so good ... the best tip I've gotten so far is to clear everything off, then start putting things back and keep what I like. It's so basic, and yet some how I missed that bit of knowledge before lol.

• MiaScraps likes this

#4 Maplestock

Maplestock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, CANADA

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:13 PM

We all need a refresher now and then. Good on ya.
  • Ohhh_Snap likes this

#5 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:21 PM

Ha, I think I need to live a few life times to engage with my collections! We are just crafty peoples. I've pared back tons. Trying to hone my skills in at least one area instead of being so spread out. Welcome to the group!
  • Ohhh_Snap likes this

#6 Izzy

Izzy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 418 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:47 AM

Welcome to the forum! (And what a great way to introduce yourself!) :)

• Ohhh_Snap likes this

Do you have a suggestion or feedback about the Paperclipping Forums? Please let me know!

Instagram | User Guidelines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users