• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MrsB30

MrsB30

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:05 PM

Hello! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this podcast! I usually binge listen while I scrapbook in the Summer. I have tons to catch up on and I can't wait to get started! Here's a topic I'd like to hear your thoughts/expertise on:

I bought a Smash Journal a couple of years ago and I meant to make it a Summer project but all I've done so far is colour the cover! Summer break is coming up and this is the time I do most of my scrapbooking. I would like to fill my Smash Journal this Summer but I have no idea where to begin! Could you cover art journaling or Smash Journals in a PRT? If you have already, which episode was it?

Thanks!

• janygb143 likes this

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:45 PM

Sounds fun to do a Smash Journal to document your summer! 

I've only done one Smash Journal so far - I used it to document all the memorabilia from my year. I was choosy, of course, so not ALL memorabilia is in there, but it really tells a full story with my journaling added in. So, I'd say use photos, some memorabilia, and some hand-written journaling.

When I did mine I started by going through and either ripping out or gluing together pages that didn't suit my style. This reduced the bulk in the book, too, so that it wouldn't be over stuffed when complete. Then I just started at the beginning and glued things in as I came across them. I added washi or a label or something as I saw fit, but fairly minimally. This is meant to be "quick and easy" so I treated it that way!

Alternatively, you could wait until the end of the summer, then see if any themes emerge. Then organize your book into themes. Maybe use tabs on the existing pages for divider pages between the themes.

Just some thoughts!

• Julie Paradise likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users