BethQuiroz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:53 PM

Hi all!

I am thinking about canceling my Studio Calico PL subscription (things are very uncertain over there right now) and subscribing to Ali Edward's Story Kit. I already get the stamps. Does anyone think that the Story Kit would be worth the cancellation of my SC kit?

My blog: bethsblatherings.blogspot.com

Instagram:  http://instagram.com/divinemsq

Guest on PRT Episode #205: Cheesy At Heart

VENI VIDI VELCRO - I came, I saw, I stuck around

#2 needtime2scrap

needtime2scrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNorthern Alberta

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:47 PM

I just did the very same thing. Excellent I cancelled my scrapbook subscription. I've allay been thrilled with the story stamps and I've been liking the story kits too.

#3 j.leija

j.leija

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:56 PM

I think if you're in the market for more general everyday type PL items, it'd be better to stay with Studio Calico. Since Ali's kits are very story specific. That could mean an entirely different way of approaching PL. But if you have enough of a stockpile of everyday products, then Ali's story kits might be a good supplement to whatever stories you may be sharing!

• Noell and Melissa like this

#4 IAmMikki

IAmMikki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:38 AM

I feel like the Studio Calico kit vs Ali Edwards Story kit are very different.
I've subscribed to the Studio Calico PL kit since the beginning and the cards are great because they're targeted, during the summer there are cards talking about the pool and ice cream ect. Ali Edwards kit is great but it is story specific so for the way I do Project Life (picture a day), it wouldn't fit into my style. Example: A couple months ago, the theme was "Magic", if that had been my only kit for the month, I would have felt lost and like there just wasn't enough. Studio Calico is great for filler/time period specific but I do find that there is a lack of journaling cards.

#5 finleydr

finleydr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationupstate NY

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:38 PM

I've subscribed to Ali's kits since the beginning, I do not subscribe to the Studio Calico kit and I only do monthly Project Life so take that for what it is worth.  While Ali's kits are story oriented, I have found that they do coordinate from month to month.  I have yet to use a kit in its given month so when I sit down to catch up on my album, I just start looking through the kits I have and use the cards that appeal to me for the mini stories I put in my Project Life. I also don't worry so much about the monthly story theme and how it fits in.  I just use the stuff I like.  I did promise myself that when I subscribed I would not be buying additional product.  So far I've done well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users