3 replies to this topic

#1 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:33 AM

Listening to the Deep Dive Audio course made me wonder how it's working for digital scrapbookers? I haven't printed many of my pages because I don't know how I want to organize them and share in a logical way. Photo print costs add up, but books are too... binding! What are your plans for incorporating the audio course ideas into your albums?
  • mshanhun likes this

#2 orbigail

orbigail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:38 AM

This is a great question! Unfortunately I don't have any solutions or a good system myself, so I'm hoping some other folks chime in here...

• janygb143 likes this

#3 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:11 AM

I've never done a bound book, but when I did a small hybrid (mostly digital) album once before, and I needed the story to flow through it, I created a folder for all those pages before I printed them. Then I think I rearranged how they were ordered by flipping through them. Once I thought I had it how I liked it I went back and flipped through each of them in order again until I was happy with it.

Here's a blog post that shares that album... http://www.paperclip...lbum-44-photos/

• janygb143 likes this

#4 bestcee

bestcee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:33 PM

Ok, so I've really let this question marinate. Mostly because I've let the audio course marinate. ;)

Currently, the story album I want to tell is my son's first year. I plan on going through my completed layouts, and pulling them all into a Lightroom folder. Then I'm going to look at them like Noell and Shimelle suggest, looking to see if there's colors or motifs that are cohesive. I'm betting there's a lot of blue/green/orange and cream! I'll then go ahead and see what stories are missing. I'm going to use Lightroom to pull the photos of the stories I want to tell into a different folder. From there - I'll scrap like normal, adding the pages to the Lightroom folder, and using the tips from the audiocourse to pull it together as cohesive. This book will be a bound book. Normally, I use 3 ring binders, and page protectors ( I have a lot left over from my paper days). WIth individual prints, it's easy to add in a missing story just like paper. With the bound book, it'll be more planned out first. I plan on being fairly thorough with the stories, but if I miss one, I'm not worried about it. I'll add it to our family book. And some day when he leaves home I'll print a second book and can include the story if I want.

And a benefit for me is I can easily change a paper or element to being cohesive without having to redo a layout or unstick adhesive!

• janygb143, mshanhun and joblackford like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users