Photo

Organising Visual inspiration/Ideas - Pinterest alternative?

pinterest organise organize organizing organising organisation organization inspire apps

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pepper

Pepper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:38 AM

Hi all,

I've been searching for a platform/app or any methods that allow me to organise my visual inspiration. I love to look at how people compose their images, and how fashion bloggers post for their OOTD (outfit of the day) , how coffee drinkers take their beautiful cafe photos and etc. I learn a lot by looking online. Hence I have lots of screenshots, each teaching me something different. However I find it hard to organise them. 

I have been using Pinterest to pin images which I love, however I found the images to be tiny and I cannot really zoom in without going to the website itself. Sometimes there will be broken link so I cannot really get the full image at all. The good thing about pinterest is that we hve the source, and it allows me to credit the source if I were to scraplift the person, or to do say that I get inspired by that particular image.

I have also been using my iphone/ipad photo gallery as a storing place for the images which I find inspiring. The good thing is that it's offline so I can search for it whenever I like. However it eats up so much space . And it's hard to organise the images.

I also have recently save individual images/screenshots to Evernote. However, even if I display them in Evernote in a grid format, part of the image will be chopped off as they need to display the "title" of the notes as well. 

How do you organise your visual inspirations? Any ideas or suggestion will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch! <3

• janygb143 likes this

P E P P E R  :D 
Facebook || Youtube
[Pepper Creations] || **NEW Instagram**

#2 anandi

anandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Locationjust outside Seattle, WA

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:41 PM

I have been putting this kind of stuff in OneNote (similar to Evernote) with a link to my related Pinterest board as well to see more similar items.  What I like about OneNote is that I can paste in the whole image, then write a bunch of notes or ideas next to it.

It's not prettily organized  like Pinterest, but I can find stuff. I have one page for layouts, one page for cards, etc.  I'll probably split them out into more sections and pages as this file expands, too.

• Pepper likes this

#3 Pepper

Pepper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:07 PM

Anandi, someone introduced me Curator app, I 'm loving it now! You might want to check it out too :)))

P E P P E R  :D 
Facebook || Youtube
[Pepper Creations] || **NEW Instagram**

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pinterest, organise, organize, organizing, organising, organisation, organization, inspire, apps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users