#21 dayb

dayb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:25 AM

I posted on my blog how to make your own pockets; take a peek here: http://dayboardman.blogspot.com

• allerliebsteanika likes this

#22 Bklyngal217

Bklyngal217

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:29 PM

Pepper: Any glass surface will work as a "mat".  Remove one from a picture frame and tape the edges (you can also put some graph paper under the glass if you want some straight lines; alternatively, you can also use a ceramic tile - that's what I use for all my hot tools.  

Hope that helps.

• anandi likes this

#23 Gladdie

Gladdie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:56 PM

Is there other way? I dont seem to find this glass mat in my LSS :( I have the same issue , if i push too hard, the page break, if i push too softly, they wont weld :( And I didnt take into consideration that the ruler is small , I cant have one stroke across the 12x12 page protector , i have to do it bit by bit. Furthermore, how do you deal with the back pocket? Suppose I want to make my own customised page layout, and I want to put different thing in the front and the back pocket, how do i Deal with it . Any advice will be appreciated !

Hi Pepper, I believe you can just use a steel ruler for the 12 x 12 .

• Pepper likes this

#24 Pepper

Pepper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:09 PM

I managed to get mine working :) shared a short video too
  • MiaScraps, terriOMG and scrappingGoalieMom like this

P E P P E R  :D 
Facebook || Youtube
[Pepper Creations] || **NEW Instagram**

#25 MaryM

MaryM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:54 AM

I have not had any problems with my fuse tool.  It is a little pressure sensitive, but it didn't take long to get the hang of.  I use a thick piece of foam core board as my mat.

• MiaScraps likes this

Mary Moseley, Certified Photo Organizer and Teacher

mary@bephotowise.com

Be PhotoWise www.bephotowise.com | Founding member of the Save Your Photos Day Allicance

Guest on The Digi Show episode 110 talking about scanning your photos

#26 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:10 PM

The man I am sharing a life with stated he would use this tool if I was going to purchase it so I'm glad to hear positive reviews.

#27 terriOMG

terriOMG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWest Bloomfield, Michigan

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:10 PM

Is there other way? I dont seem to find this glass mat in my LSS :( I have the same issue , if i push too hard, the page break, if i push too softly, they wont weld :( And I didnt take into consideration that the ruler is small , I cant have one stroke across the 12x12 page protector , i have to do it bit by bit. Furthermore, how do you deal with the back pocket? Suppose I want to make my own customised page layout, and I want to put different thing in the front and the back pocket, how do i Deal with it . Any advice will be appreciated !

Pepper, How about using an 18" or longer metal ruler to reach across the 12" page? 
I purchased the fuse tool kit from HSN and have only used it so far on a project my husband did for work to soften and clean up the loose plastic on a 3D model! Lolz.

I did try it out on the plastic packaging it comes in and I noticed it isn't super hot like a wood burning tool. I also noticed that the duration of time you take to drag it across the plastic determines how much it melts the plastic.

I learned a lot of great tips from this youTube video: http://youtu.be/M1NilKSC1Lk

#28 anandi

anandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Locationjust outside Seattle, WA

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:43 PM

@pepper - I also found that you need to let the tool heat up a good 15 minutes before it's really hot enough to seal the plastic.  (But I suppose it's also possible that you got a bad one.)  I got my glass mat from Stampin Up - even a piece of flat glass from a picture frame would work too?

I  used a 15" metal cork-backed ruler from the office supply store but would GREATLY prefer it if WRMK came out with a grooved ruler to match the 6" one - it's much easier to make a straight line that way!

• mariangeles likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users