#1 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:02 AM

Anyone know the difference between these two? I am watching YouTube vid tutorials using the gelli plate. I have used palette paper with good success but usual see people refer to deli paper. I haven't been able to find any around here. What do you use when using your gelli plate?

#2 keely

keely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:44 PM

MiaScraps, I just noticed that no one has responded to your question. I often use regular printer paper with my gelli prints. I bought deli paper from Amazon.
  • mshanhun likes this

#3 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:21 PM

Thanks keely for your reply. I'll do some research on this somewhere else. I'm guessing deli paper has a different finish from wax.

#4 ShortDrMom

ShortDrMom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:35 PM

I have wondered the same thing. I bought "sandwich wrap" in individual sheets within a box at Costco that they said was "deli paper." It was similar to the wax paper you buy in a roll except the paper was thinner and less stiff than wax paper. I have also occasionally seem references to "butcher paper" which I think is that white, stiff, wax-lined paper used in butcher shops (although lately it has been kraft more often than white) but I don't know where to find that either. 

• MiaScraps likes this

#5 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:46 AM

I have wondered the same thing. I bought "sandwich wrap" in individual sheets within a box at Costco that they said was "deli paper." It was similar to the wax paper you buy in a roll except the paper was thinner and less stiff than wax paper. I have also occasionally seem references to "butcher paper" which I think is that white, stiff, wax-lined paper used in butcher shops (although lately it has been kraft more often than white) but I don't know where to find that either.

Unfortunately Costco doesn't sell it here. When I put in my next amazon order I'll add it to my cart. Thanks for the help!

#6 Liamum

Liamum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:54 AM

I believe wax paper is heavier with a more waxy finish than deli paper. 

#7 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:05 AM

Yes....so I'm thinking it must be a cross between palette paper and parchment paper. I don't want to spend money on something that may be similar and workable to something I already have in my stash. Especially as I am only playing around and am not seriously into art Journalling.

#8 angelbrown

angelbrown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationFloida

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:14 PM

Hi

I always refer palette paper when you're using a gelli plate because it gives you better result without any hampering.

Angel Brown

#9 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:58 PM

Hi

I always refer palette paper when you're using a gelli plate because it gives you better result without any hampering.

Good to know! Thanks!

#10 Ohhh_Snap

Ohhh_Snap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:54 AM

This is so timely. I'm going to look up palette paper : ) Thanks for the tip!

#11 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:43 PM

It's fun to use to lift off prints and also as a place to squirt paint onto and/or mix paint colours.

#12 lu hall

lu hall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:07 AM

Go to your local grocery store and get one of the sheets of paper they provide for you to pick up the donuts. I'm talking about the small ones they provide for sanitary reasons. Those, my dear, are deli sheets. Compare them to wax paper. In my opinion completely different. I too searched high n low to figure out the difference. Wish I could site where I found the example but I didn't save it. Needless to say it helped me figure out the difference between the two.

#13 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:29 AM

Go to your local grocery store and get one of the sheets of paper they provide for you to pick up the donuts. I'm talking about the small ones they provide for sanitary reasons. Those, my dear, are deli sheets. Compare them to wax paper. In my opinion completely different. I too searched high n low to figure out the difference. Wish I could site where I found the example but I didn't save it. Needless to say it helped me figure out the difference between the two.

The places we have here give you tongs to get your donut treats out to put into a paper bag. Tongs for sanitary reasons

However, I did finally get some deli paper from a scrapbook store (25 sheets for $1.00) a couple weeks back. It is definitely half the weight of the palette paper so now I just need to test it out. It may tear while trying to lift a print.

#14 Elvo

Elvo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:26 AM

I think the one being used is a non waxed greaseproof paper. The generic version is on a roll wrapped in cellophane and it's cheap. A bit thicker than tissue paper. We had our sandwiches wrapped in it when growing up and we used it to trace with at school too. I don't think it's baking paper but I'm in Australia. 

#15 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:27 AM

The deli paper I got worked beautifully. No tears. Seems sturdy enough.

#16 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:05 PM

After working with the deli paper and palette paper I will not be using the palette paper with the gelli plate. The deli paper works like a dream!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mixed Media

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users