#21 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:13 PM

Yes...mine is the same colour! I have black decals/racing stripes down the sides

#22 scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:08 PM

Some big (good, but big!) life changes and a switch to digital scrapbooking really interrupted my Project Life groove this year, but I think I'm finally on track! I'm still working on February, but I have a good process down that's helping me get pages done quickly!

• After reading this post by Leena Loh about her Project Life photo printing, I've started cropping my photos to pretty much just two sizes- 2.5" squares and 2.5" x 3.5". Sometimes I'll do a larger square or a full pocket photo if I feel like it. 
  • I'm sticking to just one design of page protector, even though with digital it's really easy to use different ones. After several years of paper PL I found that my brain really just wanted to keep using Design A, so that's what I'm sticking with on the digital side, too.
  • I start each week like I did when I was a paper scrapper- crop each photo and place it in a "pocket" on the page protector. I then go back and fill in my journaling, and the last step is filler cards and embellishing. 
  • I'm sticking to one kit per month of pages. I still do weekly 12x12 two-page spreads, and I'm using the Memory Pockets Monthly subscription + add-ons from The LilyPad as my supplies each month.
  • Since I'm using one kit per month, I've found that it's a lot faster for me to work on a whole month's worth of pages at a time. I start by making copies of the blank page protector template for each week. I add all of the photos for that month's weeks at once, and then I'll go back and do the journaling and embellishing steps for the entire month all at once, too. It helps that with digi I can just open and close files and not have to actually have physical space on a table to lay out all of those pages at the same time!

My biggest hangup is photo editing- always has been and probably always will be. The only good solution I've found to actually keeping my rear end in the chair to edit is to turn on a podcast, talk radio, or as a last resort something on Netflix. 

• janygb143 and kraftkris like this

#23 mshanhun

mshanhun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:24 PM

What!?! You've gone digital? Wow Melissa - I've been missing your blog but never imagined you'd go digi. I guess it's temporary? Do tell! I'm dying to know the details!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:) Melissa
http://DigitalScrapbookingHQ.com

Guest on PRT224  New and Shiny - about novel uses for Project Life

Guest PRT238 - Yellow School Bus - about scrapbooking your homeschooling journey

#24 alynnkenyon

alynnkenyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:18 PM

I am keeping up with project life. 3 years running. I have it down to about 30 minutes a week when I want to get it done, but some weeks embellish the hell out of it. Lol. Still loving looking back at such a picture of everyday. I have always been an irregular diary keeper, so doing pl each week is so uplifting for me.
  • janygb143 likes this

#25 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:01 PM

I've been doing monthly since 2013 and I'm staying on top of it. I found a pack of Doodlebug stickers on clearance last year, and it includes little banners with each month on a label. I've been using the labels to determine what color scheme I use for each month.

Toward the end of each month, I pick my title and 3x4 journaling cards from my Strawberry and Honey kits, and journal. That's the tedious part, bc it's so hard to concentrate on what I want to say. I also count up my little baseball-sized cards and make sure I have 18 (I fill those out throughout the month, in the moment. If I don't have 18 to fill a whole protector, I pick photos or make more to fill in the gaps). After the month ends, I pick my photos (also the other tedious part, because I'm literally looking through every photo I've taken that month- I'm so far behind on processing my pics). I print at Costco and put it all together. It does take a really long time, but I love looking back through these Everyday albums!
  • Julie Paradise and bestcee like this

#26 RaptorMama

RaptorMama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:37 AM

I did 2013 and 2014 digitally and I'm just not a fan.  I love playing with paper!  Consequently, I'm only on week 7 of 2014.  I went back to a physical project life for 2015 and I'm doing much better; I'm currently on week 12.  

I always end up getting super behind like this, so I designed a planner page (yes I'm a huge dork and I print my own planner) for project life.  I've kept up with those, so I'm not too fussed by it.  I'll get to eventually.  :)  

IMG_6690.jpg

• Laura, janygb143, Melissa and 2 others like this

#27 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:44 AM

Project Life was the plan for 2015, but my album is stalled the 3rd week of January. Part of it is that life has been really difficult this year, but I also feel like I don't know what I'm doing with the Project Life approach. I'm probably complicating it, but it feels like a whole lot of chaos to me, which is ironic, as I know Becky Higgins' original intent was to simplify memory keeping! I'm starting to think about picking it up again, trying to make it work.

• janygb143 likes this

#28 Alissa@lifeonlakeland

Alissa@lifeonlakeland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:07 AM

I began a new job in May and gave myself permission to "quit" project life for the summer as my family adjusts to this huge transition. My work schedule has changed and I am having to develop all new routines so keeping up with a weekly project life album just felt overwhelming - plus as a side effect I am not taking as many photos right now.

I'm going to re-evaluate in August and see how I feel - especially since August brings another life transition as my oldest begins Kindergarten! I love knowing that I've documented the first five months of 2015 and I know how quickly I could catch back up my album if I decide that is what I want to do. It's one of the reasons I love project life - it's so flexible!

• janygb143 and Julie Paradise like this

#29 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:54 PM

I did 2013 and 2014 digitally and I'm just not a fan.  I love playing with paper!  Consequently, I'm only on week 7 of 2014.  I went back to a physical project life for 2015 and I'm doing much better; I'm currently on week 12.  

I always end up getting super behind like this, so I designed a planner page (yes I'm a huge dork and I print my own planner) for project life.  I've kept up with those, so I'm not too fussed by it.  I'll get to eventually.   :)

IMG_6690.jpg

You could sell these! Seriously!

• janygb143 likes this

#30 RaptorMama

RaptorMama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:39 PM

You could sell these! Seriously!

Thanks!  The left page is modified from a planner I bought on Etsy so I don't feel right about selling it as is, but maybe I'll take a stab at designing a new topper and such...  

#31 IAmMikki

IAmMikki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:19 AM

I have had a tough time this year, this is my 5th year doing Project Life, and I'm going through a period of adjustment with Project Life. In addition, I've been doing more 12x12 layouts so Project Life has fallen by the way side.

Just as I intend every year, this year I was going to try and get into a routine LOL I should never say that, it doesn't happen. It's totally okay.

Journaling? I'm roughly 5 years behind (okay so it's not THAT bad, but it kind feels like it) and I'm about a month behind on printing pictures.

I've decided that I'm going to primarily use a core kit, because I was spending so much time going through PL cards from kits I've purchased and I'm finding that they aren't usually relevant. I purchased 2 core kits, modern looking (Heidi Swapp) and girly/frilly (Maggie Holmes) which pretty much covers both types of photos in my Project Life. The best part of Project Life is that there are so many ways to make it work.
  • Julie Paradise likes this

#32 IAmMikki

IAmMikki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:32 AM

I always end up getting super behind like this, so I designed a planner page (yes I'm a huge dork and I print my own planner) for project life.  I've kept up with those, so I'm not too fussed by it.  I'll get to eventually.  :)  

IMG_6690.jpg

This is awesome!! I would buy this.
  • Julie Paradise likes this

#33 joblackford

joblackford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPacific NW

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:40 AM

I decided to loosen up and not follow a strict spread/page per week format this year after 2 years of keeping up with PL in 6x8" format. I also changed to 8.5x11 and started making layouts that go in the same album. I was hoping that I would be able to fit the whole year in one album, even though I was doing PL, Story Kit layouts, OLW, and any other AE projects that came up like DITL/WITL. 

yeah, that's not how it's working out...

I am taking more pictures with little stories than ever, thanks to Instagram - too many! By not doing PL weekly I'm getting behind and having to deal with about 3 weeks of (too many) photos at a time, which is overwhelming. I was working in a very simple style but that was feeling boring so I tried to be more creative and try different page protectors, but that made things more difficult (although prettier to look through). I have a full album in June, and I'm not sure if I love what I've made or not - the layouts are centered around much older photos for the most part, so they feel a little strange in between my everyday life pages. And 8.5x11 PL is tricky because I can't just print everything out on 4x6 and figure it out from there, although I have been using some nice trading card templates, and I did find an alternate page protector which holds 4x6 3x4 and 2x4 which has given me some variety. 

I guess I'm in a mid-project slump, wondering if it's all worth it. Second-guessing my avoidance of 9x12 (which would be perfect if someone would just use the standard binder ring configuration instead of making proprietary designs). Imagining somehow putting photos into my Erin Condren planner (as if I'd have space for them all). Sigh... 90% of my problem is mental and it's all fixable. I'll probably start with taking the Story Kit layouts and putting them into my second binder, creating a separate space for those older memories. I think maybe I'll love my PL better when it's all together, and this way I should be able to fit it all in one binder. (<---- lightbulb over the head moment!!)

Thanks for letting me think this through in this space. I came to a different conclusion than I had every other time I tried to figure this out!

• janygb143, Melissa, mshanhun and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users