32 replies to this topic

#1 Maribethm

Maribethm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:16 AM

I'm having a hard time getting started this year. I read the thread on PL for 2015 and I'd love to hear how everyone is doing now that we are almost 3 months in. I decided to switch to monthly this year but I've found I'm not taking very many photos. Not sure if I'm just burnt out (I've been doing weekly PL since 2013) or what but I'd love to hear updates. I could use the crafty inspiration.  :)

• janygb143 and Julie Paradise like this

#2 Julie Paradise

Julie Paradise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:48 AM

Stick with your monthly plan I'd suggest!

I have done PL monthly since I started last year and never understood the pressure and pace of a weekly PL. 

My only "rules" for my PL pages are to only make "complete" pages, never like 1 1/2 or so. By pages I mean front and back of the inserts of a page protector count separately. 

If in one month I have 2 spreads and in another there may be 6 so be it. Most months I thought I do not have enough fotos, but even if you should end your month with only 4 fotos this would make one page. Put the fotos in the pockets, find a pretty filler or title card, journal on 3 or 4 cards in the remaining pockets even if it about the unusual wheather or grandma's visit or whatever happened and that is it. And this page is there!

Why make pages about boring weeks (if there ever is such thing as a boring week ;-)) if you could condense it to a month? Why limit yourself to so and so much space in your album if many crazy things happened? ... 

Roll with it! Not all weeks and months "are created equal"!

• Noell, mariangeles, Melissa and 2 others like this

#3 Scrapnsee

Scrapnsee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:45 AM

Thanks for asking. Been thinking this year I've been SO UNINSPIRED by product (which is lovely on the wallet  :P ).  I've still been scrapping (thankfully) and making cards and watching process videos, but so many new lines make me think "been there, own that". Have we reached peak scrap supplies?  And if so, is that a good thing as it points (me at least) to getting in there and scrapping vs. shopping?

• Trrrracey, Maribethm and Julie Paradise like this

#4 ChristyS

ChristyS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationNassau, Bahamas

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:07 PM

I am actually doing well this year. That being said, I fell off the wagon around April of last year. I am hoping to keep the momentum going. I guess the key will be for me to stick to my plan.

• Erica Hettwer and Maribethm like this

Christy S.

MyScrapbookEvolution.com

DSG%20Listen_zpsebngsiei.jpg

#5 mariangeles

mariangeles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationValencia, Spain, Europe

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:09 AM

Julie, love your post! So inspiring for me as that's my plan for this year, although I've been blocked lately...

I have pics & images as well as my notes for 2015 so far, but I haven't been able to make any page, I'm really blocked. I guess it's a metter of time I get in my wonderful studio and start creating :D

• Maribethm and Julie Paradise like this

#6 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:58 PM

Bumping this up because I'm curious to hear more from others.

As for myself, I started the year with the decision that I probably won't do a 2015 Project Life. So far, I still feel the same way and am totally on track for not doing it. :)

I do expect to do it next year.

• janygb143, Melissa, JuliaK and 3 others like this

#7 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:15 PM

I'm using Heidi Swapp's 2014 Memory Planner as my Project Life this year. So far I'm keeping up quite well, and I'm so pleased about that! Planning to do something similar next year if this keeps going well.

• Maribethm likes this

#8 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:40 PM

I'm using Heidi Swapp's 2014 Memory Planner as my Project Life this year. So far I'm keeping up quite well, and I'm so pleased about that! Planning to do something similar next year if this keeps going well.

Are you also using it as a planner? Or simply as you would Project Life, where all of the content is after the fact? I'd love to see a month's worth of pages from you or anyone else who is using it strictly as Project Life and not for planning!

• Maribethm likes this

#9 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:57 PM

I'm using it as PL, after the fact. I do fill out the monthly calendar at the beginning, although in pencil :) Then I fill in the daily 31-list each day as it comes (some days I have nothing to write) and whatever other prompts she has for that month as the mood strikes me. Then at the end of the month I add photos and re-write everything in marker, add washi or stickers if I'm so inclined, and call it done.

I'll see if I can take some photos tomorrow. It's nothing fancy, but I like the process and find it very easy to handle so far.

• Noell, allerliebsteanika, Trrrracey and 1 other like this

#10 Alissa@lifeonlakeland

Alissa@lifeonlakeland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:00 AM

I got behind in March because I was preoccupied with food since I was doing a #whole30. However, it's so easy to catch back up. I was finishing up some journaling last week and my mojo was low so I went through the first 2 1/2 months of PL and was reminded what I love about it - which is capturing small moments and funny things my 3 & 5 year old say.

Also I had this whole plan for how I was going to focus on one person each week (since we are a family of 4) and do a currently card and that totally happened for January but not for Feb or March. I'm considering doing it quarterly. I also was going to do Day in the Life each month and that only happened in January. That I'm doing for sure quarterly. (especially since I'll be changing jobs in May so the fall and winter ones will be different).

One thing that is working for me is that this year I set my album up with alternating Design A & D pages, especially since I take a lot of vertical photos with my iPhone. I'm still enjoying the creative challenge of selecting photos for each week and I'm also finding that a lot of the core kits have a limited selection of horizontal 3x4 cards. So I've been getting creative which is fun.

I think this is my last year doing project life in 12x12 I'm pretty sure I'll be switching it up in 2016.

Also, I've been focused on catching up with my project life and staying current which has come at the expense of making layouts this year. And I'm missing my 12x12 layouts.

• Maribethm likes this

#11 marinadk

marinadk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSan Pedro, CA

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:41 PM

After completing a full year of Project Life in 2014. The first time I made it all the way through after three years of doing it! I decided to take a break this year. I will be picking it back up again next year though. Probably in a smaller format, really digging the 6x8 size. =)

• Maribethm likes this

#12 JuliaK

JuliaK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSweden- BorÃ¥s

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:57 AM

I do on page/week, same a last year and this works really well for me. I also use the Project Life app more, adding journaling, doing small collages or planing my page during the week. And then on Sunday I sit down, put it together and move on. Now I don´t have that much going on (being home because of a bad illness) but I still think it´s important to have a routine even if that is PL :)

• Maribethm likes this

#13 shannan_mm

shannan_mm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:04 PM

I'm doing a digital Project Life this year that I want to have printed as a book at the end of the year. I am up to date on that. I also subscribe to Ali Edwards digital Story Kit and have been doing two or three layouts per month (love having a theme). My youngest just started school this year so I have Thursdays and Fridays to myself for the first time and I am enjoying scrapping time - weekends are just too busy sometimes.

• Maribethm likes this

#14 needtime2scrap

needtime2scrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNorthern Alberta

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:07 AM

I'm doing pretty well and honestly even though I'm doing a weekly format I only tackle PL once per month. I print out photos and decide what page protectors I'll use and go from there. I'm loving the more laid back attitude that I've embraced as opposed to previous years. In years past I'd set up and date the entire year then go back and add photos/journalling. I'd use just the one style of page protector and would find that some weeks I needed more vertical photos etc. Plus I got bored with the same layout all the time. This year is much more fluid and I'm really liking it. 

• Melissa and Maribethm like this

#15 bestcee

bestcee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:11 AM

I'm doing it this year. I'm 'behind' a few weeks, but I feel that way about all of life, and since I write notes in my planner, it's not a stresser. I do want to get 'caught' up again before we move in the next few months. I haven't been feeling the creative pull with it, but I know why, and I'm addressing that tomorrow when I get up. I have a few hours to get some scrapping down, and that's on the top of my list for wants!

• Maribethm likes this

#16 mariangeles

mariangeles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationValencia, Spain, Europe

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:59 AM

I've just started my 2015 album :D

http://mariangelesma...oject Life 2015

• Maribethm likes this

#17 IAmMikki

IAmMikki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:27 AM

I really just have an auto-reply to this topic because it's pretty much the same every time it comes up.
I am caught up putting pictures in my Project Life but my journaling is months behind, journaling is my least favorite part of scrapbooking/PL so I put it off.
  • janygb143 and Maribethm like this

#18 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:23 PM

Are you also using it as a planner? Or simply as you would Project Life, where all of the content is after the fact? I'd love to see a month's worth of pages from you or anyone else who is using it strictly as Project Life and not for planning!

Finally, here are some photos. In this planner, each month is a two-page spread with pocket pages in between. I took Heidi's "Capture 30" class in January which gave us ideas for add-ins for each month. I didn't like all of the ideas, so I'm not doing add-ins for every month, just here and there. I don't decorate, as the album is pretty decorated already, so I don't feel the need to add much, beyond my stickers to caption the photos.

17072126558_68b49a4751_s.jpgJanuary1 by laurakaplan71, on Flickr

17259889635_baa7078b9b_s.jpgJanuary2 by laurakaplan71, on Flickr

17072126128_854d58afa6_s.jpgFebruary1 by laurakaplan71, on Flickr

17233910016_426db7699d_s.jpgMarch1 by laurakaplan71, on Flickr

16639670363_21f3965f2e_s.jpgMarch2 by laurakaplan71, on Flickr

Sorry for the huge picture of my toes! lol

I hope this makes sense. It's a really fun project I find. Very easy to keep up with and capturing much of life that wouldn't get scrapped, but is still important.

• Noell, onegoodday4, Melissa and 3 others like this

#19 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:37 PM

Finally, here are some photos. In this planner, each month is a two-page spread with pocket pages in between. I took Heidi's "Capture 30" class in January which gave us ideas for add-ins for each month. I didn't like all of the ideas, so I'm not doing add-ins for every month, just here and there. I don't decorate, as the album is pretty decorated already, so I don't feel the need to add much, beyond my stickers to caption the photos.

17072126558_68b49a4751_s.jpgJanuary1 by laurakaplan71, on Flickr
17259889635_baa7078b9b_s.jpgJanuary2 by laurakaplan71, on Flickr
17072126128_854d58afa6_s.jpgFebruary1 by laurakaplan71, on Flickr
17233910016_426db7699d_s.jpgMarch1 by laurakaplan71, on Flickr
16639670363_21f3965f2e_s.jpgMarch2 by laurakaplan71, on Flickr

Sorry for the huge picture of my toes! lol

I hope this makes sense. It's a really fun project I find. Very easy to keep up with and capturing much of life that wouldn't get scrapped, but is still important.

I just bought this album after picking it up and putting it down so many times in the past year. I do love it. And I love what you have done! Kudos! As an aside....what is my car doing at your place? Too funny!
  • Maribethm likes this

#20 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:24 PM

lol. There is one person in our town with the same car as us (same color, too). We wave to each other when we see each other around town because the car is such an unusual color, we don't see too many! lol

• Julie Paradise likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users