71 replies to this topic

#61 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:33 AM

Thank you for thinking of us, Maplestock.  :)  My nephew is doing well, though he is suffering some side effects of the chemotherapy he was given before transplant. Still, the good news is, the new marrow is growing blood cells (called engraftment) and if all goes well, he should be coming home to us within the next week or so.

• janygb143 and mshanhun like this

#62 Maplestock

Maplestock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, CANADA

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:38 AM

That's great news. Another step forward in the battle. Thanks for the update.
  • janygb143 and Melissa like this

#63 Ohhh_Snap

Ohhh_Snap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:46 AM

Here's hoping things are better! As I'm constantly being reminded, "Don't forget to breathe! [deep, in with the good, out with the bad cleansing breaths]

• Melissa likes this

#64 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:22 AM

Here's hoping things are better! As I'm constantly being reminded, "Don't forget to breathe! [deep, in with the good, out with the bad cleansing breaths]

Thank you for the reminder. There are many times on many days when I have to do exactly that!

#65 gabmc

gabmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:48 AM

Hey Melissa, I haven't been on the forum for a while, but every time I listen to Paperclipping I think of you and wonder how your nephew is doing?

• Melissa likes this

Gab

#66 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:04 PM

Hey Melissa, I haven't been on the forum for a while, but every time I listen to Paperclipping I think of you and wonder how your nephew is doing?

Thank you! That's so sweet of you.

My nephew is doing well. He had a DNA test, I think that was in November, and he is all donor, which is a good thing. Of course, it can change anytime, but he is really progressing nicely. :)

How are things with you?

• StampingRooster, MiaScraps and joblackford like this

#67 gabmc

gabmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 29 January 2016 - 05:01 AM

That is great news!! Pretty good here. One one hospital visit for my son last year, which was great! And that was a reaction to medication rather than his chest (we think anyway!)

• StampingRooster, Melissa and MiaScraps like this

Gab

#68 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:58 AM

Since everybody has been so supportive of me in my role as caregiver on my nephew's journey, I just wanted to let you all know that we had another great follow-up visit with his medical team yesterday. He's doing really well, and soon he'll be moving back in with the friends he lived with before he got sick, while my husband and I are moving to Ann Arbor. All good things!

• wendyzine, janygb143 and MiaScraps like this

#69 Maplestock

Maplestock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:15 AM

So glad to hear the positive news Melissa! Thank you for keeping us updated. And thank you for being a wonderful caring person and helping your nephew through his ordeal. Not everyone can do what you did (and I'm sure there's lots you didn't even mention) and I commend you for all of it. When you live your life as it seems you do with compassion and caring, it will come back to you in your times of need. I truly believe in karma. Best of luck with your move, you deserve it. Don't forget your idea of visiting the west coast someday!
  • wendyzine, Melissa and MiaScraps like this

#70 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:50 AM

So glad to hear the positive news Melissa! Thank you for keeping us updated. And thank you for being a wonderful caring person and helping your nephew through his ordeal. Not everyone can do what you did (and I'm sure there's lots you didn't even mention) and I commend you for all of it. When you live your life as it seems you do with compassion and caring, it will come back to you in your times of need. I truly believe in karma. Best of luck with your move, you deserve it. Don't forget your idea of visiting the west coast someday!

Thank you. I really, really appreciate what you've said. Caregiving is a bit of a thankless gig, to be honest. People just depend on you, and then it's expected, and they forget you're not made of actual steel!  ;)  I got through it because I'm strong like my parents, and because I have the love and support of my sweetheart husband Daniel who was there every step of the way. Friends, even those I've only met online, have been supportive, too. Friends like you and others here. Thank you! It makes a difference.

• janygb143 likes this

#71 Maplestock

Maplestock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:40 AM

Thank you. I really, really appreciate what you've said. Caregiving is a bit of a thankless gig, to be honest. People just depend on you, and then it's expected, and they forget you're not made of actual steel!  ;)  I got through it because I'm strong like my parents, and because I have the love and support of my sweetheart husband Daniel who was there every step of the way. Friends, even those I've only met online, have been supportive, too. Friends like you and others here. Thank you! It makes a difference.

We all need to be kind to one another and support each other. It's wonderful to have a spouse who's loving and supportive too. My husband is the same and together I know we can get through anything. The old saying is true: "no man is an island". It's okay to reach out sometimes. I'm glad I was able to lend some virtual support to you.
  • janygb143 and Melissa like this

#72 mshanhun

mshanhun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:31 PM

Sorry to hear this. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Melissa likes this

:) Melissa
http://DigitalScrapbookingHQ.com

Guest on PRT224  New and Shiny - about novel uses for Project Life

Guest PRT238 - Yellow School Bus - about scrapbooking your homeschooling journey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users