Photo

Do you generally like both the elements and the papers in a kit?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tiff

Tiff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBay Area California

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:54 AM

More and more I find that I like a designer's papers but not her elements, and vice versa. Or I love a designer's word-art, but her kit style doesn't quite mesh with my personal style.

I like the build-your-own-kit promotions, but I often find that once I've selected the things I like, I've gone over my budget. Then I get frustrated and don't buy any of it.

Does anyone else have this dilema, or do you generally like both the elements and the papers a designer makes?

• janygb143 and mshanhun like this

#2 wendyzine

wendyzine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:52 PM

I am usually attracted to elements first, unless they are amazing papers. But, I'm a very lazy scrapper, so I almost always just get the whole kit and use whatever is in it. I will only reach out for other papers if there are only a few papers included and then it is usually for something "plainer" or some kraft or cardstock. But since the elements/theme of a kit is what draws me, I can always make it work.

• janygb143 likes this

Wendyzine Scraps

Studio Wendy @ Scrapbookgraphics  •  Photoshop & Elements Instructor

My Gallery

Guest on The Paperclipping Digi Show (ep 37), Digi Show (ep 27, 65, 91) The Daily Digi Digest (ep 48, 61, 77)

#3 bestcee

bestcee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:05 PM

Yep. I'm with you! And I always overload my shopping cart with build your own's. I'm starting to find my style and that makes it easier to be pickier and reevaluate whether I really want something.

#4 mshanhun

mshanhun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:26 AM

I don't really use BYOs - I generally buy kits - I think I'm drawn to embellishments

:) Melissa
http://DigitalScrapbookingHQ.com

Guest on PRT224  New and Shiny - about novel uses for Project Life

Guest PRT238 - Yellow School Bus - about scrapbooking your homeschooling journey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users