#1 Robin Sparkles

Robin Sparkles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationManito, IL

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:17 PM

I'm got a Mac in October and am doing digital project life this year. I started all over again transferring my photos and getting my folders for this years photos prepped. What do you do with those insignificant photos? I'm thinking of the ones with the current weather screenshots or other not important pictures that you take to get some filler? I figure they'll be on a layout and if I lose them forever I won't be heartbroken. You know what I mean?

#2 JDKelly

JDKelly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationBeaumont, AB, Canada

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:52 AM

I totally know what you mean. I have so many photos in my library that anything I can do to reduce the numbers is a good thing. If I don't use a particular screen shot & I don't see it's value any more, I would delete it.

#3 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:22 PM

Hit the delete button if they hold no real significance.

#4 legal_memories

legal_memories

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWashington, D.C.

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:09 AM

My brother who is a non scrapbooker uses the following workflow - after uploading all of his photos to iPhoto from a particular event he rates them all and then deletes all photos he rated less than 5 or 4 stars.  I'm not quite at this point but it makes sense because we take so many photos that you really can't keep most of them without filling up a hard drive or two quickly. 

• josieb likes this

#5 josieb

josieb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:35 PM

I totally know what you mean too!  I'm overwhelmed by how many photos I have just filling up my iPhoto...  Thanks for motivating me to go through my photos AND in making me feel better in hitting that delete key.   :)

• Robin Sparkles likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users