#1 josieb

josieb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:36 AM

I have started and stopped Project Life in 2013 and 2014, and I have no desire to go back and complete the years.  Instead of spending my time "catching up", I'd rather just keep the spreads that I have from those years and focus all of my attention on completing 2015!  

But... I have an issue.

For my 2013 PL I used the standard 12x12 size.  For those layouts, I'm just planning on mixing it into a traditional layout album that I have.  But for my 2014 PL, I used the 6x8 size with a Studio Calico Handbook.  The album is about 1/2 way filled (more or less), and I hate having so much unused real estate.  

Any ideas on how to maximize or use the space within the album, without going back and "catching up "on PL?

Thanks! :)

#2 josieb

josieb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:55 PM

There's something about verbalizing an issue one is having.  I solved my own problem!   :lol:

I'll be ending the Handbook album with a quick and short A-Z (a la Cathy Zielske) 2014 thing.  A couple of pockets or maybe even an entire page per letter (depending on the letter and what I have to say for it), some photos here and there, and done.

• Laura and janygb143 like this

#3 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

I love the idea and that you solved your own problem! :)  

• josieb likes this

#4 wendyzine

wendyzine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

I was going to suggest some full-page photos or memorabilia to fill out some of the pages, or even a monthly spread to "finish" up the year. But, it sounds like you already got your plan in place!

Wendyzine Scraps

Studio Wendy @ Scrapbookgraphics  •  Photoshop & Elements Instructor

My Gallery

Guest on The Paperclipping Digi Show (ep 37), Digi Show (ep 27, 65, 91) The Daily Digi Digest (ep 48, 61, 77)

#5 josieb

josieb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:24 AM

I was going to suggest some full-page photos or memorabilia to fill out some of the pages, or even a monthly spread to "finish" up the year. But, it sounds like you already got your plan in place!

Thanks for the ideas!  I'll definitely be including some full-page photos, edited to add some text like "G is for Gibson [the kitten I adopted in September]".  Simple and time efficient! :)

#6 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:42 AM

Great solution Josieb! I find talking out loud helps me find solutions too!
  • josieb likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users