Photo

Did you see the news about Project 52 from Becky Higgins?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tiffany W

Tiffany W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:30 PM

How the heck is it different from Porject 365?

#2 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:06 AM

I haven't seen the news so maybe I'm speaking out of turn.......weekly as opposed to daily?

#3 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 25 December 2014 - 02:48 AM

Yes....I read the blog.....a new design/process......going from daily to weekly.

#4 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:55 PM

So how is this different from how most people do Project Life? Is she trying to force people into that weekly thing? It seems like it's all taken care of in Project Life already, but more flexible....Maybe people have gotten overwhelmed by the flexibility?

• Tiffany W and Scrapnsee like this

#5 Tiffany W

Tiffany W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:57 PM

Maybe she didn't describe it that well, because I didn't see it as hugely different or less time consuming than Project Life. But then again, I am still really simple and streamlined with my project life. I wonder if it also a response to the elaborate PL pages that people are doing, and even the more elaborate stuff PL is releasing. So perhaps it is a counterpoint to the trend to be elaborate and remind people you can still be simple and happy with Project Life.

#6 Joanne

Joanne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationJersey, Channel Islands

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:58 AM

The scrapbooking industry has to keep on reinventing itself to keep selling product, heaven forbid we sit back and realise we have all the scrapbooking products we need. One way to do this is to make things seem scarce so we buy it quickly and don't miss a chance, rather than wait until we "need" it. There are a lot of companies operating in the pocket scrapbooking sector which must inevitably have significantly reduced The BH portion

I am sure other industries do this as well and you can't blame them it is a business not a philanthropic project
  • Melissa, anandi and Julie Paradise like this

#7 Tiffany W

Tiffany W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:08 AM

Joanne, I am sorry if you misunderstood my post. I wasn't critizing Becky Higgins or her business model. I think all businesses, especially within the scrapbook industry, need to reinvent themselves, try new products, and push themselves to stay relevant and successful.

What I am trying to tease out is how Project 52 is different from Project Life and how I might utilize it. Thus far, I don't see it as different or new, so I am not really sold on it. I was hoping others might understand the differences-and potential of Project 52-and enlighten me, so I could assess whether such a product was worth my time or money.
  • Tiffany W likes this

#8 wendyzine

wendyzine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:45 PM

The way I understand it is that it's just s subtle shift in thinking, and one that many people (including Becky) have already made on their own... instead of doing one photo a day for 7 photos a week on a page, you are doing one page per week. So, you're not having to take photos 365 days a year. You're not having to work on the project every day. You're not locked into thinking that you have to slip one picture per day into the page when you work on it. I think the vast majority of Project Lifers were not really doing things that way anyway. The Project 52 way is thinking in more of weeks. So if you only take pictures one day a week, then you have all your photo spots filled with just that one event. If you have pictures from multiple days, you pick and choose and still end up with only one page for that week. So, it takes the focus from a more stressful, "I have to take a photo every day and think about PL every single day for an overwhelming 365 moments" to "Ah, I only have to do this once a week. Just 52 pages!)

So, I think for most people, it's not really a shift in thinking at all. So maybe that's why it's hard to see what's different. I think most people were already thinking of PL in terms of weeks.

Does that help?

Wendyzine Scraps

Studio Wendy @ Scrapbookgraphics  •  Photoshop & Elements Instructor

My Gallery

Guest on The Paperclipping Digi Show (ep 37), Digi Show (ep 27, 65, 91) The Daily Digi Digest (ep 48, 61, 77)

#9 Tiffany W

Tiffany W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:36 PM

Yeah, I think that is helpful, Wendyzine. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users