• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nana2callie

nana2callie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:10 AM

I've got to replace my stash of pens since most of them have dried out - what are your favorites?

• janygb143 likes this

#2 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:07 PM

Edited: I wonder why I thought you were talking about art Journalling? Pls ignore my response. I don't know how to delete it. Sorry!

My experience with art journals is that it will an expectation to go through pens since you are writing on different kinds of textures. I'm not sure I would use really expensive pens anymore. How about sticking with sharpies or I also have the large Faber Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pens. I'm not ruining anymore of the smaller sizes in the same brand.

What have you been using so I know what to avoid?

#3 bestcee

bestcee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:55 PM

My favorite pen is: 207 Retractable Gel Pens, Medium Point, Assorted Colored Ink, Set of 8 by Uni-ball Amazon They go up and down in price, I bought them at $9.41 in June. They fluctuate between $8.50-$12 in price.

I love the colors, I haven't had them smear, or bleed. They are a fine tip making it super easy to write small. And I'm still using them. Not dried up or ran out yet.

#4 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:12 PM

I use Staedtler Triplus Fineliners. Haven't had any dry out yet, but some of the nibs wear down at an angle, so I try to hold the pen relatively upright and haven't had problems since. I can get a lot of journaling on a little 2.5x3.5 card!

http://www.amazon.co...i=AC_SY200_QL40
  • anandi likes this

#5 anandi

anandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Locationjust outside Seattle, WA

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:51 PM

I love Sharpies, but I don't worry about whether something is archival.  I also really like my Atyou Spica glitter pen in Jet Black - it's nice to write with and sparkly ;)  I have a Copic Multiliner that I like the weight of, but it's almost too thin (0.35).  I think maybe an 0.5 would work better for me.

#6 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:08 PM

I'm a big fan of the Copic Multiliner. I choose 0.3 when I can choose the weight, so this one works perfectly for me. Very smooth writing and seems to last a long time.

• anandi likes this

#7 mrscraftyadams

mrscraftyadams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:43 PM

Sharpie pens! 

#8 JDKelly

JDKelly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationBeaumont, AB, Canada

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:55 AM

I am a AC Precision Pen fan, but do find they dry out faster than some of my other pens.

#9 Trrrracey

Trrrracey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCentral Ohio

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:35 AM

I like Zig Millenium pens for non-glossy papers and AC Slick Writers for glossy papers. Not sure if it's the way I write or if I can't bring myself to write slowly, but I always get breaks in the lines when I use gel pens, so anything felt-tip is my preference.

#10 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:09 PM

In one of Dian Revealys videos from CHA she emphasized allowing lots of drying time before setting pen to a multi-medium page. That really sunk home with me. I'm always in a rush. She says the mediums need a long time to cure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users