31 replies to this topic

#21 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

I haven't done any cards recently, have been working on July type decorations for my living room and mantle, 4th of july decorations and a red white and blue wreath for my door that has blue and silver tinsel and red stars from the dollar store that I wrapped around a straw wreath and then a pinwheel for a bow with a pair of red white and blue sunglasses, red shovel,  and a pair of toddler flip flops in blue.  Just thought I would go a little wild and not use the typical flowers. made three firecrackers out of wood and then put patriotic

scrapbook paper on the wood in three different patterns and curled red,white and blue wire to come out of the tops.  A red,white and blue wood sail boat my dh made for me and I painted to go on the fireplace.  Also a 9 square frame that is made for one sheet of sb paper and each square is decorated  with stickers etc for each month of the year.

Now I need to get back to getting some bd cards made up.  I belong to a birthday card club that is in the Uk and send cards to all the members on their bdays.

#22 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

I wanted to say how much I like all the cards that have been  posted.

i do like your bright colors Paul.   I tend to use pastels a lot when i make cards so I need to brighten up a bit. I don't use black or dark colors but I guess I 'feel' safe with pastels so need to get over it and cheer things up a bit :D

• PaulB likes this

#23 PaulB

PaulB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom - Manchester

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:27 AM

I wanted to say how much I like all the cards that have been  posted.

i do like your bright colors Paul.   I tend to use pastels a lot when i make cards so I need to brighten up a bit. I don't use black or dark colors but I guess I 'feel' safe with pastels so need to get over it and cheer things up a bit :D

If you like pastel colours Daisy and you love using them, keep on doing so :D Nothing wrong with them, they have a soft elegance which can make for beautiful designs. I only change my style around because that's the nature of who I am creatively. I'm still searching for my oeuvre :) x

#24 cindi

cindi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Pacific Northwest

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:35 AM

I am revamping my studio AGAIN,  :rolleyes: so I haven't been making too many cards. I get the most active in the winter when I don't have so much yardwork to keep up with! I managed a LSS for years (it has since closed it's doors  :(  and taught classes, so I have a ton of stuff. The last few years I have been challenging myself to only use paper scraps for my cards. This has really been fun and comes in very handy when I make my Christmas cards, which are my favorite to make! I have also been using my paper scraps to make my own Project Life cards.

~ Cindi

craft blog camanocardmaker

my blog flourishesandbling

Cindi's Pinterest

#25 Ruthie

Ruthie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

I bought some of the Prima mixed media stamps and I am loving making cards with them. I will post a picture when I figure out how.

#26 TiffanyH

TiffanyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

I buy card kits from http://www.deenaziegler.com. There are about 5 "regular" sized cards and either  one or "small" cards or gift tags included in each kit. Yesterday the family was watching the World Cup so I worked on the last kit I received. Here's a photo I took for Facebook, "In my happy place--being crafty making cards."

In my happy place--being crafty making cards.

• VexedAngel likes this

#27 Kimnyy

Kimnyy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

I have a few kids birthday cards to get done tomorrow (my day off). I also really like the idea of making cards for soldiers, I may need to look into that and use up all my scraps.

#28 VexedAngel

VexedAngel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

I am packing up my crop tote (well first I have to finish putting away all the stuff in my tote from my LAST crop), and including two new stamp sets and a bunch or card blanks so I can take the stamps on a text drive! Very excited. :)

#29 VexedAngel

VexedAngel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

Bunch OF card blanks
TEST drive. LOL hard to type on my phone sometimes!

#30 simkim704

simkim704

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

Attached File  P1010016.JPG   209.56KB   0 downloads

Here are some cards I have worked on this week all birthday.

• StampingRooster likes this

#31 LizzieB

LizzieB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

When ever I'm not working on a BD or thank you or sympathy card etc I have been working on doing some funny cards with Art Impressions etc, but I am also starting to incorporate photos of various kinds into my work.

I have found some most fabulous scenic photos as well as flowers and trees. I like to frame them with a fancy frame add ribbon or vellum and some bling and suddenly it looks beautiful.

Eliz :rolleyes:

#32 LittlePaperCreations

LittlePaperCreations

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

I just finished making all the paper goods for my sister's wedding (save the dates, invitations, programs, table numbers and place cards, candy bar decorations, and advice cards. 150 people!), and I ran out of her periwinkle paper, so I get a little break before making the thank you cards while I wait for the paper. And right now, working on nothing feels really good.
  • CathG likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users