• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Wren176

Wren176

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:13 PM

So what card making projects are you working on? I want to try some of the boxed gift sets I have seen on Pinterest.

#2 GwynnAsbury

GwynnAsbury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationMountain View, CA

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

What boxed gift sets?  the one from PTI? 

Me, I am working on general cards for the local store I sell at.

#3 MandyMae

MandyMae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationBetween the Mississippi and the Pacific :)

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

I just finished up a set of cards for a friend's bday gift.  Back to making cards for OWH.

#4 Wren176

Wren176

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:20 AM

I have seen lots of gift sets on Pinterest with matching totes, boxes and bags. I am going to case a couple. These are some simple generic cards I was working on this morning. The colors are a bit off in the photo.

Attached Files

• Siri F, anandi and keely like this

#5 Solange-Isbaha

Solange-Isbaha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

This is gorgeous, Wren! :wub:

As for me, I started my greeting cards, and I have a project that will be published at the end of the month, about making sets of cards with 6 by 6 paper pads - with cutting diagrams, because I needed to make a LOT of cards and I wanted something quick, that would help me to finally use these cute paper pads, while being "me", so I created my own diagrams.

Lots of work, but now, I only have to follow it to have tons of cards ready for Christmas... And hopefully, tons of 6 by 6 paper pads used! :D

carte_13.jpg

• Wren176, anandi and keely like this

#6 bklyngal62

bklyngal62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

Last weekend I worked on some cards just using my scraps.  I do want to work on boxed gift sets soon. 

• Wren176 likes this

#7 Wren176

Wren176

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

This is gorgeous, Wren! :wub:

As for me, I started my greeting cards, and I have a project that will be published at the end of the month, about making sets of cards with 6 by 6 paper pads - with cutting diagrams, because I needed to make a LOT of cards and I wanted something quick, that would help me to finally use these cute paper pads, while being "me", so I created my own diagrams.
Lots of work, but now, I only have to follow it to have tons of cards ready for Christmas... And hopefully, tons of 6 by 6 paper pads used! :D

carte_13.jpg

Thank you so much. I am going to work on a few more tonight. Where are you going to be published? I would love to see the cutting diagram for the 6x6 paper pads. I have quite a few to use also.
  • Solange-Isbaha likes this

#8 Solange-Isbaha

Solange-Isbaha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

On the Frosted Design blog, but when I am proud of one of my project (and this time, I am!), usually, I share it everywhere!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  I promise you won't miss it even if you want. Oops! ^_^

• Wren176 and anandi like this

#9 PaulB

PaulB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom - Manchester

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

I've just finished this card off today. It's been lying around on my craft table making a mess, so it was brilliant to complete it. I vowed I would be more colourful this year. I'm now onto making a batch of pom poms (not a card project I know but it is what I'm knee deep in  :D  :D  :D ) Px

Thanks For Everything Card Web 1

• Izzy, Noell, Siri F and 6 others like this

#10 Solange-Isbaha

Solange-Isbaha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

Beautiful. :)

• PaulB likes this

#11 StampingRooster

StampingRooster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

I was inspired by our white trend discussion and did a two-page layout with lots of white :)  I'm still working on the video, so it will be a few days before I get it posted, but here's a detail shot I took for my blog:

40c.jpg

• Noell and Wren176 like this

Gretchen

Now blogging and posting process videos

#12 Solange-Isbaha

Solange-Isbaha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

Looks great! But it's a layout isn't it? :)

#13 MelissaE

MelissaE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationWestern Washington

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

Lovely cards ladies... and guy... ;) I'm hoping to create a card or two tonight just for fun. I just moved cross-country and was able to unpack my scrappy things today. SO happy! I haven't created in WEEKS and the mojo is flowing right now. I always make a card before a layout to get me going... can't wait! 

• Wren176 and PaulB like this

My Blog: The Profound Brunette

Lead Contributing Artist: Inside Out Visual Journaling

#14 StampingRooster

StampingRooster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:53 AM

Doh! I have to look at where the thread is, not just the title. ... Reading by new content, not thread. I have to make a card now :)
  • Solange-Isbaha and anandi like this

Gretchen

Now blogging and posting process videos

#15 Siri F

Siri F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationÃ…lesund, Norway

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:09 AM

My brother is getting married, and as I am the paper crafter in the family I "have" to make 10 cards! As they are all going to be gifted to the happy couple, I'll have to make them all different but still something they would like. To top that off my sister have asked me to make decorations for the honeymoon. They are going to stay at a cabin my grandmother owns, so I'm making punched harts for the bed, a banner saying welcome, a vinyl quote for the mirror in the bathroom and a card for the box of chocolats... I need to get back home to my scrap studio!
I don't mind fuzzy cutting, but don't get me started on watching glue dry!

#16 Wren176

Wren176

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:54 AM

I'm working on some card candy this morning. Went with a beach theme. Paul I love the colors. I'm always working on being more colorful. When I do a project with lots of color I usually really like it.

Attached Files

• StampingRooster and PaulB like this

#17 Leeny

Leeny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

I've just finished this card off today. It's been lying around on my craft table making a mess, so it was brilliant to complete it. I vowed I would be more colourful this year. I'm now onto making a batch of pom poms (not a card project I know but it is what I'm knee deep in  :D  :D  :D ) Px

I love the colors of this card!

• PaulB likes this

#18 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

Love this card! What have your color choices been before vowing to get more colorful?

LOL about your knee deep pom pom project. :lol:

#19 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:37 AM

Yeah. And there was a different thread in the general scrapbooking forum about using white. I wonder if her post accidentally got put in the wrong thread???

It's gorgeous, though!!

#20 PaulB

PaulB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom - Manchester

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

Love this card! What have your color choices been before vowing to get more colorful?

LOL about your knee deep pom pom project. :lol:

Thank you & thank you everyone who has been kind and commented :) My colour choices have morphed many times over the years. I had a thing for brown many years ago when TH first brought his inks out. Then I went rich and opulent with dark colours. Then I went through a faze of desaturated colours. And for a long while I went Shabby Chic and chose pale and white colours. I went with black and taupe last year and through a variety of influences, I have fallen in love with bright rainbows of colour.

And not just in crafting. My home is currently brown/white/neutral so I'm slowly adding colour instead around the house, bit by bit. And when I buy new clothes, I'm trying out more colourful choices. I don't know about guys in America, but over in the UK, fellas wear black and grey and brown. I really have to hunt down colour in the shops. 

• Izzy, anandi, keely and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users