• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nana2callie

nana2callie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:02 AM

I love the idea and want to start one of these... but seriously I have no talent.  I can't even draw a stick person... suggestions for a wanna be art journaler?

#2 Julie Paradise

Julie Paradise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:52 AM

First of all, I think everybody has talent to be creative. What might make you think you do not have this talent is probably the gap between your expectations and the outcome of your creating ...

Maybe you start with a mixed media approach,

take some stencils/masks you like,

different pastes (oooh, gold! structure paste, anything),

lovely colours,

stamps, and:

have a go. You do not need to become a painter overnight, but still I think it can be soooo satifying to

push paint around without expecting a masterpiece of figural art everytime.

Create backgrounds and then

journal over them,

layer more paint if the first try did not come out right,

use loose sheets instead of an album/sketchbook if this helps you to toss pages you are too unhappy with instead of tossing the whole sketchbook,

splatter and sprinkle over pages to make the "frightening white page" go, 

Oh, and secret tip: Use (good = vivid = transparent) watercolours and let the colours run, wait for it, do not force it.

Or start doing art journaling with your children if you have children, because from them you can learn to just enjoy the proces instead of criticizing the product only. 

Be proud of yourself! 

• StampingRooster, anandi and Scrapnsee like this

#3 wendyzine

wendyzine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:24 AM

That is why I do digital! :) It's like someone else does the hard work and I just get to use the pieces to create my vision. Check out some of the art journaling and record your world galleries for some examples of what you can do with digital.

http://www.scrapbook....com/galleries/

I love digi so much because I don't have any painterly skills, but I still have creative ideas and I get frustrated when I cannot get what I see in my mind executed in real life. With digital, I can come so much closer!

Wendyzine Scraps

Studio Wendy @ Scrapbookgraphics  •  Photoshop & Elements Instructor

My Gallery

Guest on The Paperclipping Digi Show (ep 37), Digi Show (ep 27, 65, 91) The Daily Digi Digest (ep 48, 61, 77)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users