• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 L Squared

L Squared

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:52 AM

I've got a question - I use photoshop elements and in the past i've been able to just click on the part of the image that I want to select and it then selects that layer. Now I have to hold down the apple (mac) key for it to let me choose that layer when clicking in the image portion of my screen. If this makes sense does anyone know what setting I might have changed?

#2 L Squared

L Squared

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:25 AM

I've been trying to fix this for over a week and about 5 minutes after posting found the check box - auto select layer :)

• mshanhun and legal_memories like this

#3 wendyzine

wendyzine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:29 PM

Yep. Auto Select layer is a tiny little option on the top tool bar. In PSCS/CC it's off by default, but in PSE, it's on by default. I hate it, personally! LOL But, to each their own!

• mshanhun likes this

Wendyzine Scraps

Studio Wendy @ Scrapbookgraphics  •  Photoshop & Elements Instructor

My Gallery

Guest on The Paperclipping Digi Show (ep 37), Digi Show (ep 27, 65, 91) The Daily Digi Digest (ep 48, 61, 77)

#4 mshanhun

mshanhun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:16 AM

Ha! I'm the opposite! I love autoselect and turn it on on PSCC!

:) Melissa
http://DigitalScrapbookingHQ.com

Guest on PRT224  New and Shiny - about novel uses for Project Life

Guest PRT238 - Yellow School Bus - about scrapbooking your homeschooling journey

#5 wendyzine

wendyzine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:46 AM

I think it's just because I "grew up" without that option (using Photoshop before that feature existed). And so when I want to move something, I just assume I'm moving the selected layer and not expecting it to select an item. So it drives me crazy. You "grew up" on PSE, which has that feature on by default, so you probably got used to that way pretty quick. LOL

Wendyzine Scraps

Studio Wendy @ Scrapbookgraphics  •  Photoshop & Elements Instructor

My Gallery

Guest on The Paperclipping Digi Show (ep 37), Digi Show (ep 27, 65, 91) The Daily Digi Digest (ep 48, 61, 77)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users