• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JenniferG13

JenniferG13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:57 AM

My 12 year old daughter went on a four day trip to New York with her grandmother recently.  She has narrowed her photos down to about 100 4x6 photos she wants to put into an album.  She wants to keep the photos that size and pretty much all of them are vertical.  I have looked at several different album sizes and am just not sure that she really wants to go with a 12x12 since it won't be super full.  Do any of you have any suggestions for a good size and brand of album to do something like this?  I want to make it as easy as possible for her to complete during a scrap weekend we are doing in early February.  She is really wanting to focus on black, white, and gray as her colors.  Do you have any suggestions for a kit in those colors?  Thank you.

#2 wendyzine

wendyzine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:12 AM

Hi Jennifer!

My daughter recently scrapped her last vacation with one of Becky Higgins' smaller mini albums. They are great because they hold 2 4x6 pictures and 2 2x3 journal cards in each page. It was really easy for her to do all by herself. The size was perfect for her hands too. The 12x12 was just enormous! There is also a 6x8 size out there by a different company, I think. The album I got was being discontinued, and only $3 on Amazon! They are regularly around $15-$20 though. I tried to get mine at Michaels, but they no longer carried the smaller album size.

• Tiffany W, janygb143, MiaScraps and 1 other like this

Wendyzine Scraps

Studio Wendy @ Scrapbookgraphics  •  Photoshop & Elements Instructor

My Gallery

Guest on The Paperclipping Digi Show (ep 37), Digi Show (ep 27, 65, 91) The Daily Digi Digest (ep 48, 61, 77)

#3 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:07 PM

I'm not sure if the Project Life Midnight Core Kit is still available, but I know it is black and white! And it has a coordinating mini-album (I think it holds 80 pics and 3x4 cards). But then you would have a ton of leftover cards... For trips, I usually make my own 3x4 cards.

#4 Tiffany W

Tiffany W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:56 PM

Do they make divided 8 1/2 x 11 page protectors? Because that size album would be good. A thinner 12x 12 album would work fine too. You can still use the pocket page protectors. I would buy one of the smaller kits, instead of the massive core kits.
  • janygb143 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users