3 replies to this topic

#1 JenniferG13

JenniferG13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:57 AM

Hello fellow scrappers,

I have started using some pocket pages mixed in with my 12x12 pages since I love to use so many pictures and I am finding that I can get way more pages done in a shorter amount of time.  I do sometimes feel like a page with just photos in the pockets are a little boring.  I don't really need to do any journaling on these pages since the story is on the accompanying 12x12 page.  They are really just extra photos that I do want in my album. 

Do you always mount your photos on paper before putting them in the pocket to give them interest?  Do you have any other suggestions?  I really do not want to do much with these pages.  If I do a ton of embellishing, I feel as if I may as well have just done a traditional 12x12.  Any help is appreciated?

Thank you and happy crafting,

Jennifer

Attached File  pocket page 1A.jpg   34.79KB   0 downloadsAttached File  pocket page 2A.jpg   32.46KB   0 downloads

#2 anandi

anandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Locationjust outside Seattle, WA

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:37 AM

I think Shimelle did a Glitter Girl video about this a long time ago where she put the story on the layout and then added some page protectors cut up with just the additional photos.

You could add a label with the date stamped on it, or a little sticker or something?  Or ask the other people on the trip for their stories and intersperse them with the photos?

#3 Scrapcat

Scrapcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:57 AM

I like to print my photos out with a border, which saves mounting them and adds some continuity, with a few stickers or comments.

#4 mrscraftyadams

mrscraftyadams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:27 PM

I don't mount mine to paper at all. I do Project Life on a weekly (ish) basis. I will occasionally print a pic smaller (like 2.75" x 3.75") and put it on a 3x4 PL card to give it a pop of color. That would be a great and easy way for you to add some interest to these pages. Small tags or stickers don't take much time but could add some interest too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users